So I'm browsing DA and then it hits me. OH SNAP. I didn't draw anything to mark my joy of getting 10k!!!
The reason for that is because I have a lot of other stuff on my mind. Mainly my laptop being in the shop. 10k came around the corner just a day or a few hours before I had to take my laptop up to the professionals, therefore joyitude was not properly dispersed.
But now I have time to pay my thanks to you internet peoples of the DAness. Thanks a lot for stopping by my page, it means a lot to me. ~*~----------------------~*.::.*~----------------------~*~
I basically figure Nanas best represents my spokesperson for my expressions of joy in regards to DA. This is because he's my deviantART username, ~nanasfreak
. That being said, if I say "Nanas," I'm referring to Nanas, my character. If I say "~nanasfreak" I'm referring to myself in the third person.
He will most definitely appear in marks of yearly anniversaries. Pizza To Celebrate
marks my first year anniversary on DA.
And then I just noticed that the last time I marked a #k hits, it too was made mostly with traditional media. Lol. ( 2000 HITS Devious ID
And now for the....:Technical Stuff:.Time Spent:
About 2 to 3 hours, start to finish. Tools Used:- 8.5x11in Print Paper (Mmm, my favorite.)
- .05mm Mechanical Lead Pencil
- Micron Pens (005, 03, 08)
- Copic Markers
- HP Solutions Program
- Macromedia Fireworks MX (Educational Version)
- Bitmap Microsoft (MS) Paint
- Microsoft Word 1997 (OMG THAT'S ANCIENT. )Fonts Used:- Mondine SF
- Seabird SFOther Tidbits:- Three characters are displayed here. Nanas and Byrdman belong to the story, The Weirdist's Journal, my first comic book with humanoid characters. The third is myself! If you didn't know, my name is Arielle.
- I'm not happy with my mom's computer, OBVIOUSLY... So when I get mine back, I'm going to re-edit this in Adobe Photoshop Elements.
- First I drew pencils, I made a copy of it and drew micron lines on the copy. I do this for two reasons. One, I want the original pencils un-tampered with. Two, the microns don't like the pencils ;__; After lining over everything with microns, I made two copies and used them for copics. One is a scrap copy that I stroke over to find the right color for whatever part I'm working on. The second is for the actual product.
- Among the last few details I made in the pencils, Nanas's hair was one of them. Byrdman was the last to be fully completed.
- I had NO REFERENCES when making this. Not even references to my own characters or to their color schemes. Everything was based on my memory and skill alone. So if it sucks, it's because of that.
- The Nanas logo was conceived a day after Nanas was first drawn. It has stuck with him since then.
- The names each have color schemes. You probably cannot see Byrdman's as easily. It's monochromatic, two values of red. Mine is complimentary colors, blue and orange. Nanas's is analogous, blue being the primary color linked between the two colors. Purple and Green are the colors I choose to display as ~nanasfreak's colors.
- The talk bubble was created in Microsoft Word.
- Nanas is and is not a midget. He's a halfling, half human, half elf and for that he became short. No one knows why. Nanas typically wears a pink collared button-down short with a chest pocket. The pattern of the shirt is yellow with pink flowers matching the pink of his collar and rim of chest pocket. He wears jeans and regular shoes.
- Byrdman is one among a humanoid species with line marking across their faces and have slits for eyes. ( Basically, they look like they don't have eyes. ) He's also pretty tall, especially in contrast to Nanas. Byrdman typically wears a pair of green/tan shirts with cargo pockets. Nanas gave him the shirt he typically wears. It says "I Eggs."
- Arielle is an overweight 19 year old human with glasses and an interest in the unusual. (She's also pretty short, around 5 feet tall.) She typically wears a variety of dark colored tee-shirts, blue jeans, and red, black or white shoes.Characters & Art © ME; ~nanasfreak
No copying, redistribution or alterations of any kind allowed. Plzkthx.